MONT. CODE ANN. §18-4-401. Definitions
As used in this part, the following definitions apply:
(1) “Cooperative purchasing” means procurement conducted by or on behalf of more than one public procurement unit.
(2) “Local public procurement unit” means a county, city, town, or other subdivision of the state or a public agency of any such subdivision; public authority; educational, health, or other institution; to the extent provided by law, any other entity that expends public funds for the procurement of supplies and services; and any nonprofit corporation operating a charitable hospital.
(3) “Public procurement unit” means a local or state public procurement unit of this or any other state, including an agency of the United States, or a tribal procurement unit.
(4) “State public procurement unit” means a state department, agency, or official that expends public funds for the procurement of supplies and services.
(5) “Tribal procurement unit” means a tribal government, tribal entity, or official of a tribal government located in Montana that expends tribal funds or funds administered by a tribe for the procurement of supplies and services to the extent provided by tribal or federal law.
MONT. CODE ANN. §18-4-402. Cooperative purchasing authorized. The department* may participate in, sponsor, conduct, or administer a cooperative purchasing agreement for the procurement of any supplies or services with one or more public procurement units in accordance with an agreement entered into between the participants independent of the requirements of part 3. Cooperative purchasing may include purchasing through federal supply schedules of the United States general services administration, joint or multiparty contracts between public procurement units, open-ended state public procurement unit contracts that are made available to local public procurement units, and competitive contracts established by for-profit, not-for-profit, or nonprofit cooperative entities.
Link to the full statute can be found at: data.opi.mt.gov/bills/mca/18/4/18-4-402.htm