N.D. CENT. CODE Section 54-44.4-13. Cooperative Purchasing
1. The office of management and budget shall purchase commodities or services as
requested by agencies and institutions under the jurisdiction of the state board of
higher education and the legislative and judicial branches of state government.
2. The office of management and budget and the agencies and institutions under the
jurisdiction of the state board of higher education shall make joint purchases of like
commodities or services of high common usage when the office of management and
budget and the state board of higher education determine it is in the best interest of
3. The director of the office of management and budget or the director’s designee may
agree to purchase commodities or services under contracts entered into by the United
States general services administration or contracts of other government entities if it is
determined to be in the best interest of the state after consideration of price,
Page No. 6contractual terms and conditions, and the availability of competition from approved
vendors under section 54-44.4-09.
4. The director of the office of management and budget or the director’s designee may
participate in, sponsor, or administer a cooperative purchasing agreement with one or
more government entities or a nonprofit organization established on behalf of public
entities for the procurement of commodities or services in accordance with an
agreement entered into between the participants.
5. The director of the office of management and budget or the director’s designee may
coordinate with the director of the department of transportation or the director’s
designee to establish or participate in contracts which may be made available to
entities that have been determined by the department of transportation to be
transportation providers under chapter 39-04.2 eligible to receive state funds or federal
funds for public transportation.
6. Cooperative purchasing may include open-ended contracts that are available to other
government entities, nonprofit organizations established on behalf of public entities,
tribal agencies, or transportation providers determined to be eligible under this section.
7. Before entering into a cooperative purchasing agreement under this section, the office
of management and budget must determine that the contracts were awarded through
full and open competition or source selection methods specified in section 54-44.4-05
and shall send notice to approved vendors of the office’s intent to make a cooperative
purchase in accordance with this chapter.