OKLA. STAT. ANN. tit. 74, §1003. Definitions
A. For the purposes of Section 1001 et seq. of this title, the term “public agency” shall mean:
1. Any political subdivision of this state;
2. Any agency of the state government or of the United States;
3. Each and every public trust of this state regardless of whether the beneficiary of such trust is a municipality, a county, or the State of Oklahoma, except the Oklahoma Ordnance Works Authority;
4. Any corporation organized not for profit pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma General Corporation Act, Section 1001 et seq. of Title 18 of the Oklahoma Statutes, for the primary purpose of developing and providing rural water supply and sewage disposal facilities to serve rural residents or to provide community-based services or assistance to clients of the Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services as provided in Section 2-106 of Title 43A of the Oklahoma Statutes; and
5. Any political subdivision of another state.
B. The term “state” shall mean a state of the United States and the District of Columbia.
OKLA. STAT. ANN. tit. 74, §74-1004. Agreements authorized
A. Any power or powers, privileges or authority exercised or capable of exercise by a public agency of this state may be exercised and enjoyed jointly with any other public agency of this state, and jointly with any public agency of any other state or of the United States to the extent that laws of such other state or of the United States permit such joint exercise or enjoyment. Any agency of the state government when acting jointly with any public agency may exercise and enjoy all of the powers, privileges and authority conferred by this act upon a public agency.
B. Any two or more public agencies may enter into agreements with one another for joint or cooperative action pursuant to the provisions of this act.
Appropriate action by ordinance, resolution or otherwise pursuant to law of the governing bodies of the participating public agencies shall be necessary before any such agreement may enter into force.